Graduate Assistant Position
Title: Information Technology Assistant Systems Specialist
Department: Information Technology, College of Engineering Dean’s Office
Type of Position: This position is a 20 hour per week graduate student assistantship.
General Purpose of Position
Maintain good technical understanding to support the Associate Director of Information Technology by assisting in setup and maintenance of computer systems and services for the College of Engineering Dean's Office. Collaborate effectively and persuasively with both technical and non-technical personnel across the college to provide expertise on workflow planning and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of existing and new computer systems and services.
- Work closely with personnel within the Dean's Office to identify workflow inefficiencies, and provide advice and guidance on potential improvements through available technology resources.
- Assist with the review of security alerts and logs to identify and resolve security related issues.
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge related to I.T. security issues and best practices.
- Assist with updating College of Engineering systems and services documentation to ensure they are accurate and up to date.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Director, or other appropriate administrator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confident, but reassuring, internal client communications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good understanding of modern information technology infrastructure
- Experience with Microsoft Windows system support.
- Self-motivated learner with drive to investigate problems with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as: Microsoft Power Automate.
- Experience writing technical documents.
- Experience with Mac OS, iOS, Linux, and Android operating systems.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory Services
- Experience with IT Security tools such as: NMAP, and Spirion Identity Finder.
- Experience with Endpoint Management services such as: Kaseya, Microsoft InTune, JAMF, BigFix.
- Experience with Windows command batch scripting and/or PowerShell.
Interested applicants may submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position to April Keene at email@example.com. Application materials will be reviewed beginning April 26, 2021.